Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pollution in China

I was really impressed that Lu Guang took some photos that showed the full picture, and some that showed very in-depth personal scenes. I think that the balance of both of these types of photos is what I think creates effective photojournalism. I am also amazed at how well he captured every part of the problem, not only showing the people who suffered, but the lands as well. Guangs work made me think and  gave me a very in-depth idea of the pollution problems in China using only photographs.

I enjoy these photos because they are very horrifying and really make you thing about the problems that most people try not to think about. These photos are amazing to me because they are so in depth and make you want to become part of the solution to the problem because of the dark and sad mood they give off. Before I looked at these images I had no clue that pollution was a problem and China, and when I found out I was really horrified. I think that the reason why photojournalism is so inspiring is because it informs people of current events in a more comprehensible and sometimes beautiful way than a text article.

No comments:

Post a Comment